- Made international-style crosswalks the standard in Belmont to enhance pedestrian safety. Our Traffic and Transportation Committee studied pedestrian accidents and learned that this would be a simple way to reduce them. We funded the first five new crosswalks. Now the town is converting all crosswalks to the safer model.
- Focused attention on the potential of the Trapelo Road/Belmont Street corridor. Our Planning/Zoning Committee created a vision for making this street a pleasant Main Street for residents and shopkeepers instead of a commuter thoroughfare. We recruited classes at the Boston Architectural Center and MIT to help develop the vision.
- Advocated for the preservation of the Belmont Uplands as open space. In a comment letter to the state, we first recommended having the state swap its former skating rink site for the Uplands to protect undeveloped land adjoinging the Alewife Reservation and have supported the subsequent work by an independent committee.
- Negotiated sucessfully for the ability to mitigate the environmental consequences of development at McLean Hospital.
- Called attention to Belmont’s need to improve its failing sanitary sewer system.
Please consider a donation of your time and money so that we may continue our work. More than 700 families provide financial support to the Belmont Citizens Forum.
Your contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. The Belmont Citizens Forum is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization under the Internal Revenue Code.
Please make check out to Belmont Citizens Forum and mail to:
Belmont Citizens Forum
P.O. Box 609
Belmont, MA 02478
Or contribute online by clicking the “donate” button below
(BCFs secure account with Paypal)
Thank you for supporting Belmont Citizens Forum!
Many companies support employees in their personal philanthropy and fundraising efforts. When you make a donation to the Belmont Citizens Forum, let us know if your employer has a corporate matching gift program. Your donation goes farther with matching funds. Thank you.